Great news for the people of Adare with the village awarded a €40,000 grant under the Town & Village renewal accelerated programme. The grant is towards the refurbishment of the Countess of Dunraven fountain and the creation of a new surrounding area incorporating seating to be enjoyed by all.
The fountain, one of the many heritage highlights in Adare, stands outside the Holy Trinity church in the centre of the village. It was built in 1855 by the Countess of Dunraven in recognition of the role played by the people of Adare in quenching a fire at Adare Manor in 1844.
The refurbishment of the fountain is one of a number of projects identified by Adare Tidy Towns to further enhance Ireland’s prettiest village.